Monday, February 23, 2009

Let's try this again, only this time more feeling'

On Friday I tanked Nexus twice and I think I did a pretty good job. My first party wiped twice against the final boss and my other party wiped about twice or three times against some bosses. I died once on the second team because I ran ahead when our healer was afk. My only problem with that was that our healer spontaneously went AFK (away from keys) with no warning. I will admit that there was a moment when I charged not realizing that we needed to wait for her to get her mana back up. I thought I did pretty well, since both times I went through the Dungeon pretty efficiently. On Sunday my guild leader and I had a talk, he's the one with a high level , used to raid paladin, and he had an alt in the second dungeon team and he asked me why I had not been using my Avenger's Shield to pull mobs. I am really embarrassed about admitting this but I was running up to mobs and hitting them to draw aggro when I should have known better. My guild leader was not mean or harsh but very gentle about it, I was so ashamed by what I had done, I don't think I will ever not pull mobs again, it really is not a reliable way to draw and maintain aggro. Thinking about it I realized that I had been taking unnecessary risks and why? Because I was afraid my party wouyld charge in and steal my aggro. My guild leader told me this maxim "If the tank dies it's usially the healer's fault, if the healer dies it's usually the tank's fault and if the DPS dies it's usually their own fault." I need to pull and have faith in my DPS. Everybody makes mistakes, everybody is sloppy sometimes and if I don't take this opportunity to learn then maybe I should not tank.

In other tanking news I got a tanking weapon and I am really happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment