Friday, February 6, 2009

A BG, some Drama, and other guild news

This week I did a Warsong Gulch match as a my forsaken rogue and I discovered something, it;'s really difficult to play a rogue in a BG, or at least I had trouble doing it. Stealth made me too slow sometimes to be effective and when allies could see me they had a pretty easy time finishing me off. Still there was something satisfying about ambushing the nelf hunter who was tryign to gank my friend. Even more satisfying would have been to get the human warrior who I never managed to wipe. Horde won the Warsong Gulch match, but to be honest I always expect that to be the case, I have rarely seen alliance win a BG and then I was an Ally when I saw it. Don't go thinking that I'm some kind of PvP expert because I'm not, generally when I bring my toons onto a BG it's the first or second time they have been in one and I'm always surprised to find I'm not the most ganked noob on the field.

I also ran my gnome mage around collecting ancestor coins, I got the coin in the crossroads and a coin in Durotar. I'm a level 50 so I was not prepared to venture into Org, that would have been the funniest one shot evar though.

I had more guild drama this week. I've settled in my chosen guilds, at least for now when two guildies start going at it. These are fellow guild members I do not much like, mostly because they are generally very sarcastic, so it's possible they were not really fighting it's just impossible to know because they are rude and unpleasant all the time. One might claim it's for comic effect, but don't jokes have to be funny? Being aggressively sarcastic with no let up ever seems to me to be the mark of a jerk.

At any rate they got into it and they started calling each other gay. I know, I know, this is WoW and when it's boobs in trade chat I simply ignore it. Over 9 million players means that there are more than a few idiots playing WoW. Seeing guild members bandy the word gay around like it was a deadly insult really offended me. Honestly they might as well have called each other fag, we all know that's what they meant. My first response was something like "{guild member} can't be gay, gay people have taste." Not very mature I know but seeing these guys talk about my sexual orientation as if it was a disease really gets my goat.

The guildies ignored me and continued to squabble and I was struck by the absurdity of the situation so I asked "Did you seriously use the term gay as an insult?" Well, that's what I inteded to type but when I get nervous I typo so after I asked "Dis you serios;y ca';; {guildie}gay to insult them" . Meantime my guild leader had intervened and ordered everybody to stop saying the word gay. Then I typed out my question with no typos. My guild leader whispered me a message that said "STOP" I was so upset I logged off.

Thinking about it and talking to my mom about it I realized that my GL had probably asked me to stop because my GL knew I could be counted on to act resonably. When I logged back on I apologized to my guild leader for getting upset at a delicate moment and I explained why I had gotten offended. My GL told me that gay bashing was not tolerated in the guild and that this had been the reason that the offending parties had been asked to stop. I think there may have been a "it won't happen again" implied but none was said.

After I spoke with the guild leader again I alted to another toon because I was upset. I like my GL, we are friends and I have many friends in this guild, there are two members of this guild I simply cannot stand. These two members used homophobic insults against each other, insults that I found persoally offensive and it's not unreasonable for me to get upset. I would have liked it if my GL could have told me that it was reasonalble for me to get offended (it would be great if those morons could apologize too but I'm not holding out much hope) and maybe an expression of sympathy.

As things stand now I feel like an outsider in my guild, I feel like I don't belong. I feel like I got insulted and the people who did it got rapped on the fingers with a little "please try not do do that again kthnksbai! =)" This depresses me because when I joined this guild it was magical seeing all the people that I liked chatting with and now I feel vaguely angry and ill at ease with my guild. I hate confrontation and I feel like, I don't know, I feel like a couple of loudmouths are more important to the guild than I am. I feel really hearsick and I really have no idea what to do anymore I guess, I will stick with the guild and see how it works out.

In other guild news one of the other many guilds I am in got some fresh blood, two really exciting newish members. I knew them from when they were part of this big raiding guild and now they are part of my very small modest guild and I'm happy cause they RP and because I got some new armor... a matching set. I'm so gay, but what is it about WoW armor skins that conspire to make players look stupid? My warlock ran around with baby yellow and pink shoulder pads for the longest time, much to my shame.

Anyways that's it for now.... till my next post I guess

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard of the Youtube series called The Guild? it is pretty short episodes and its funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this comment is so late but no I never heard of it

    ReplyDelete