Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The story of Bunny

Bunny was a guildie who had the unfortunate bad habit of keeping his caps lock button pressed, this means that HE SPOKE IN CAPS ALL THE TIME no matter what he said. For those of you who don't know using all capital letters in chat is the equivalent of screaming in a face to face interaction. Not only did he keep the caps button on but he always felt the need to type out the lyrics to songs that he was listening to in guild chat. I can understand that sometimes people use caps to indicate frustration, but he was not doing that, it was like he was screaming everything he said for no reason. I found this very obnoxious and so the first few times I saw him do this I asked him to stop, and I asked politely, the conversations went something like this...

Bunny: I'M A LITTLE TEAPOT SHORT AND STOUT

me: Um, hey there Bunny would you mind taking off caps?

Bunny: WHY?

me: Well I find it sort of obnoxious and I would appreciate it if you did not do that

Bunny: HERE IS MY HANDLE AND HERE IS MY SPOUT

Basically he refused to listen to me so I went to see the guild leader and I complained to her telling her that I understood that sometimes using caps could be important but that Bunny was being really obnoxious. She told me that she would speak to him and eventually did. When she did Bunny through a fit and insited that he was not changing to make anybody happy and that if somebody had a problem with him that they should put him on ignore. I was really pissed off at this and I promptly put him on ignore. I thanked my guild leader for her help and that I chose to put him on ignore but that I was not happy about it. My guild leader reminded me that I could not like everybody and that especially in a big guild that lack of manners was to be expected sometimes. I told her my problem with Bunny was that he was rude and unreasonable but that she could count on me to not cause drama and that is what happened. I put him on ignore and then I tried not to think about him.

Then one day my guild was raiding with this new person. Bunny did not like her and he trashed her as much as he could, he said many very unpleasant things about her in guild chat but when she joined the guild he was very polite to her face. His hypocracy really got on everybody's nerves and because he would not stop being both polite and rude behind her back the guild leader kicked him out of the guild. That's when he started badmouthing the guild in trade chat, that is a very public channel. After he did that and was not angry anymore he asked Sadie to be let back into the guild again. He would quit the guild with alarming regularity for no reason and come back as quickly so I think he expected to be let back in again but this time she said no. He got really upset and started begging and so she decided to ask the officers if they thought he should let him back in. He told her that he wanted to apologize so she let him and he then sent an apology to every guild member. I had been offline while the actual drama had taken place and despite my dislike for Bunny, stemming from the fact that he's a rude idiot, I was willing to let him back in provided he had really changed. He spammed his apology to every guild member. Spam is generally considered to be a rude thing so he was apologizing for his rudeness by being rude, interesting approach. In any event I don't think he is back in the guild and I'm hoping he never comes back.

Jerac also disliked Bunny, he felt morons like Bunny were taking over the guild and turning it into a really not fun place. He also felt that Bunny was up to no good and that he and players like him were out to con the guild and take the good honest members for all they could.

Bunny wanted to be the only member of his class in raids so he would not have to compete with other players for the items that dropped, I think he was really mean about that other player because he was jealous of her, she had a hunter and he did not want to have to even contemplate sharing loot with her. One day he told the whole guild why a specific kind of weapon should be usable only by his class: so that he would get it when it dropped in raids and not have to compete with anybody. That kind of attitude is really offensive, he felt he was more entitled than anybody else to get epics and even though he was well geared he still acted like he needed them more than anybody else. To be honest I never want to raid with people like Bunny because they are so unpleasant and stupid.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like alot of high school.....(by the way you just discussed Bunny) makes this seem like people use this place to act immature. Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not everybody is like Bunny, the thing is over nine million people play the game so there are many rude or immature players but I've met some really great people in the game as well.

    ReplyDelete