Thursday, March 26, 2009

A occasion of friendship

I first met Jerac when I changed guilds, I left the guild after all my friends did and eventually lucked out and found the guild they were in. Jerac and his friend Nac were among the first new people I chatted with in the guild. I found that Nac was an unplesantly sarcastic person who annoyed me to no end but Jerac and I got along well. Jerac was a new player and when he would have questions about the game I would try to answer them if I could, I also helped him out occasionally by sending him some gear. While I was helping him he also spent a lot of time with Nac, who I knew was also helping him. I think that my dislike for Nac was fueled in part by jealousy but mostly it was because Nac is a very sarcastic individual and I had never seen him say anything that was not sarcastic. In any event Jerac and I got to be good friends, we did some dungeon runs together, he helped me quest occasionally, we even made alts on another server. Both of us even sort of had the same frustrations with our guild; that there was a bunch of players that was disrespectful, immature, and unpleasant to deal with. At first Nac was one of the few guildies that I disliked but as time went by my list got bigger and it got to the point that I could not even claim Nac was on that list, mostly because Nac was actually pleasant to me. He sent me a few items and when I bumped into him one day in Ironforge he simply waved politely at me. In any event one day Jerac left the server, he transferred his toon off the server and did not tell me about it. The only person he told was Nac, whom he left a deeply hurtful message to. Not seeing Jerac on my friends list I messaged Nac, something I had thought about doing for a while and Nac told me what had happened. My friend had been very angry at the guild for a while and one day in a fit of anger he left the server. Nac was very angry and hurt mostly because Jerac had been a person that he got along well with and that was rare for him. As stupid as I felt that he had left and not told me I felt sorrier for Nac who had lost one of the few close friends he had made in the game. On a hunch I went to the other server, the one we made alts on and he was there, he was friendly and he was almost acting like nothing had happened. He told me that he felt the guild had provoked him into leaving the server and I really had no idea what to say to him. I'm stilll not sure what to say. Speaking to Nac and then later Jerac I saw a completely different side of my friend, I saw him as petty and vindictive and I felt it was as if I had never really known him in the first place. I'm torn, part of me wants to move on and forget I ever knew him and another part of me wants to hang out with him but I know it can never be like it once was between us. One good thing that has come out of this is that I am friends with Nac, once I got to know him I realized that he was a good guy if somewhat sarcastic and I now know that he never really meant to upset Jerac, which was mybiggest problem with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment