Saturday, April 11, 2009

An ending of sorts

The other day Sadie asked me to leave her guild, well not exactly. She left her guild to start a new one because she was tired of all the guild drama, drama I assume between the higher level players, drama that I did not notice much of. This is pretty typical for me I did not notice Drama in the guild Sadie and I were in before she started her guild and I did not notice the higher level drama in her guild. In any event I had my mage leave her old guild and join her new one. Before this changing guilds was always a big deal for me and I did not do it lightly but the truth is I knew I was not going to be staying in that guild for much longer so I did not think twice about leaving. Also a lot of the friends I had in Sadie's guild, friends I had made in the guild before that one, joined this new guild. I still have an alt in Sadie's old guild like I have an alt in the first guild I joined Alliance side but I will see what happens with that. I think that being in a guild can be a very important choice since in all likelihood it is guild members that I will interact with most, so I think I want to be in a guild where players want the same or similar things from the game that I do. For instance: I am not a hardcore raider so I would not ever want to be part of a big raiding guild. While social interaction is never limited to one's guild, a guild can be the backbone of one's social life and that makes the choice so signficant. My friend Jacobe who is a really good raider and a raid healer changed guilds because he felt that his guild was not doing enough raiding as a guild. In any event I left a guild I always had mixed feelings about, it was a guild with people I liked and people I disliked intensely I was never sure whether I loved or hated it and that ambiguity frustrated me but ultimately I realized that the guild had done nothing to earn my loyalty so I left.

4 comments:

  1. oh great.........need to stop ignoring you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!!!! i said that wrong......

    i need to start ignoring you. that was dumb.

    what is the best way to ignore a lunatic? should you be nice or blunt?
    nice would be-------dunno
    blunt would be-------- get lost.

    which one would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really know how to respond to that but I believe the polite way to ignore a person is to ignore them without informing them

    ReplyDelete