Friday, January 30, 2009

What's in a toon?

At first when I thought about this project I imagined relating the experiences playing only on one toon or avatar, but I'm not sure how effective that will be. To truly be good at PvP one has to be both prepared to die a lot but also to learn about the powers of one's class. This week I have not played that much WoW, or maybe more precisely I did not do much PvP, I had to deal with the demise of one of my guilds. It was a pretty quick process, all the people int he guild that I really liked with one exception (the guild leader) quit the guild over the period of the past few weeks. I was conflicted about it, I guess I had missed all the drama or not noticed it but I was sad because of its consequences and all of this timed to provide a perfect distraction from my semester. I'm not even sure why I am discussing it here. The point I guess is that I'm still trying to work out some little details on my approach.

2 comments:

  1. I think the demise of a guild would make an awesome section of your presentation. The ways people organize themselves, and the massive pressure raiding puts on players could make for some interesting commentary. Why did you join a guild? What kinds of conversations do you have while playing? Do you PVP with your guildmates?

    Do you play with the same people usually? Any difference in the people you hang out with when its a pvp session vs doing an instance?

    How does your guild rank in pvp? How about you? What do these rankings represent?

    Sorry to spam your blog, I just keep coming back for my wow fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of the guilds that I'm in are particularly specialized. I normally join guilds for social reasons, I found that WoW is a game where one solos and as a social gamer having a guild to chat with makes soloing a lot more fun. Don't worry about it I like the response actually. =)

    ReplyDelete